Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Art for Sale: 20x200 and PRC Auction

Apparently, between Bruce's school and work, I've been swamped. I am sharing the below 2 bits until I can muster up a topic post.

The sleepless (sleepy?) Jen Bekman has just launched another brilliant idea, 20x200 - editions of 200 for $20 each. I just scooped up 2, and it was so easy and quick, it was scary. One mag states that she wants this to be the gateway drug to the artworld. I say Jen, you've succeeded! For me, as someone who works in a non-profit with a non-profit salary, I do buy some, but not a lot. This allows me to buy more! It also will be a great idea for presents.

Speaking of non-profits, you can help support the PRC and what we do by buying a piece of art at our benefit auction. You can "buy it now" on the silent auction right now, bid on the live on the evening of October 27, or if a $75 ticket is more your speed (it's a great party with an open bar and tons of yummy food), than by all means snap one up. Click here for the online catalogue and here for info on the event and tickets. Now, enough with the shameless promo (hey, it's our largest fundraiser of the year)-- off to work to help hang 170 works in silent auction.

4 comments:

Joe Holmes said...

I just saw Jen yesterday and sleepy? No. Sleepless, yes.

LKB said...

Thanks Joe! I assumed she was sleeply from her recent sleepless posts, but I guess not! I don't know how she does it all, amazing.

limeduck said...

Hey LKB, I'm in Woodstock for the CPW auction tonite. It's going to be interesting with only 62 seriously awesome lots. I think I'm priced out, but you never know...

LKB said...

How did it go?