Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Acronyms gone wild! JB @ PRC, LKB @ SPE

Photographers and photo organizations love acronyms, why is that? Is it the proliferation of terms photo-lovers use...such as f-stop, ISO, ASA, SLR, etc.? Moreover, I think every photo non-profit uses an acronym of some sort (CPW, HCP, CCP, SMP, MOCP, CMP, CEPA, GEH, HRHRC, ICP, VSW, etc.) How many can you list?

On another note - It's spring break and field trip time! We're very excited at the Photographic Resource Center (PRC) to host Jen Bekman (jb) next week for an edifying night of tips on the gallery world and marketing. On her popular blog personism, she invited readers to post questions for her to answer during the seminar. Here's your chance, jump into the dialogue and come out Monday night!

Bruce and I (LKB) are about to fly to the land of spring break, Miami, Florida, for the annual Society for Photographic Education (SPE) conference. I'm very excited. It just gets better and better every year. I'll post an overview once I get back. Sun, here I come.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... you're so lucky... I wish I could go... be sure to check out my friend Jay's lecture... The Wanderers: Science, Art and the Loss of Empiricism FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2007, 10:00 - 10:45 am, Concerto D... Have a great time... make sure to heckle him a little for me!