Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Blog & Flickr pics from Fotofest and SPE

The PRC is test running a blog, which will launch SOON...ah the anticipation. All four of us have been secretly posting for a month or so, so when we do announce the url, be sure to read all the posts! The long and short of it is, I am having trouble knowing what to post there and what to post here! As many folks who work at small non-profits, small departments, or just plain small places, life and work mix readily. As a proud blog "mother," I want to give fair time and effort to both (my heart is, of course, still with my first born). I think I've decided the tone will be different, so even if I post on a topic on the work blog, be sure to tune in here for the other side of the story and more fun, witty banter. I'll post the "birth" next week.

Below is my recent post announcing some pics from Fotofest and SPE on flickr.

LKB here again, aka the girl whose brain is mush from being gone for most of March and then deinstalling and installing the next 2 weeks. I promise that I will write many inspired posts giving you the inside scoop as well as tips for these two important industry events in the coming month. However, until I regain my brain cells after looking at what I estimate to have been over 100 portfolios, my flickr pics will suffice.

I just posted on the
PRC's flickr site dozens of fun photographs of Fotofest and SPE. Both were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Houston and Denver, especially the latter. You can see the company with whom I reviewed in Fotofest's Meeting Place session one here and see an overview of all of the SPE 2008 sessions and events here. So, go ahead and enjoy the PRC's flickr pics here or by clicking the above montage!

(To entice you further, there are some great pics of
new SPE board member and recent PRC lecturer Arno Minkkinen and some behind-scenes party pics.)

ABOVE FLICKR MONTAGE - CLOCKWISE STARTING IN THE UPPER LEFT:
David Coleman of UT's
HRHRC photography collection chats with former Bostonian Jim Stone at Fotofest;
A Fotofest opening - that is
Aperture's Lesley A. Martin on the right, our next juror for our PRC juried show!;
Jonathan Singer, John Craig, and new SPE board member Arno Minnkinen look at their fuji prints at the SPE closing dance party;
At the SPE opening reception, from left,
Thomas Gustainis, and MassArt alums Caroline Burghardt, Rebecca Sittler, and Bruce Myren (latter now an MFA student at UConn).

No comments: