I am proud as a peach to report that the exhibition Picture Show that I curated at the PRC (and Boston Cyberarts) was mentioned very positively for 4 minutes! In the category of “Best Show in a University or College Gallery," Picture Show took second place at AICA NE, but as stated above, I feel like gold. Thanks again to AICA NE, George Fifield of Cyberarts, and all of the artists in Picture Show.
Art critic Greg Cook (of the Boston Globe, Boston Phoenix, and of course, the blog, New England Journal of Aesthetic Research) joined Matt Nash, James Nadeau, and Christian Holland of Big RED & Shiny for the Bad at Sports roundtable at MIT's Stata Center. You can listen to the roundtable of these fine folks discuss all of the shows and more here. If you want to hear the Picture Show part specifically, fast forward about 20 minutes in.
Supposedly, the AICA New England awards won't be held next year so they can concentrate on getting more members (they don't have any $ to do the awards, but each host museum, this year the Rose, helps out). I hope they continue it, as the evening was great for the whole community, allowing big and little guns like me and us to come together. It was truly great. Big RED and Greg Cook hope to maybe have the ceremony morph into something, read more about that here and here.
Here is a round up of AICA and Picture Show links:
- Greg Cook posts on the AICA awards the night they happened
- BRS's blog Our Daily Red gives the AICA rundown as well
- See pics of the Picture Show installation at the PRC here
- Boston Phoenix named Picture Show one of the best of 2007
- Matt Nash's review of Picture Show in Big, Red, and Shiny
- Mark Feeney's review of Picture Show in the Boston Globe
- Greg Cook on the Musee Patamechanique in the Boston Globe