Pages

Monday, April 9, 2007

Off to Portland....Oregon that is

We're off to Photolucida for tons of portfolio review fun: I as a reviewer, Bruce as a reviewee. I know my eyes will be exhausted, I have to see 48 people over the course of the event. We've never been to Portland, Oregon and we very much look forward to it.

Photolucida also oversees Critical Mass, a super competition. I've been a reviewer for Critical Mass for 3 years and found many people for shows through it. They will announce the book award winners for 2006 very soon (here is the top 50 from 2005). One of my favorite discoveries from this year's top 150 photographers was Susan Lakin and her "Television Portraits". I was delighted to discover that Susan also entered the PRC's Juried Exhibition this year and Jen Bekman selected her as one of 16 out of a record 317 entries! And guess where she lives, fair Rochester, NY!

One of my favorite images by Susan Lakin, From http://www.rit.edu/~srlpph/tv/




No comments: