Pages

Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday Show and Tell

Today's post comes from my blog fishing. (Don't worry I've got a couple good ones brewing.) This is a great site from Paul Schmelzer of the Walker Art Center. It's called Signifier, Signed; it's an offshoot of his regular personal blog Eyeteeth: A Journal of Incisive Ideas.

Here is his explanation of the project and performance artist Annie Sprinkle's fabulous version of his signature:

Many years ago, my then-8-year-old friend Spencer asked a prominent jazz musician for an autograph, but when he was given the usual signature, he scolded, "Not your name... Mine!" Following his lead, I've been asking writers, artists, politicians, and movie stars to sign my John Hancock, er, Paul Schmelzer. So far more than 70 have agreed...

Annie Sprinkle doing her best Paul Schmelzer. From www.signifier-signed.blogspot.com

No comments: