The conference speakers are listed below. In addition to the eight talks highlighting the work of regional scholars, curators, educators, and photographers, the conference will feature a keynote lecture by artist Spencer Finch and a presentation to honored educator Deborah Bright.
Hurry, early registration ends October 16th (after that you pay a slightly higher fee; registrations are accepted up until and at the conference itself). You can download the Conference Registration Form here. If paying by credit card, you can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EXPERIENTIAL IN PHOTOGRAPHY
November 5 - 7, 2010
Chace Center, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI (directions here)
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, Providence, RI
Conference website: www.spenortheast.or
SPEAKERS FOR THE CONFERENCE
Keynote Speaker: Spencer Finch
Honored Educator: Deborah Bright
Speakers and Presentations:
- Sharon Harper (Harvard University), "Photographing the Invisible"
- Meggan Gould (Bowdoin College), "Site-seeing"
- Angela Kelly (RIT), "Catharsis: Images of Post-Troubles Belfast"
- Janet Pritchard (University of Connecticut), "Seeing Yellowstone with New Eyes"
- Jan Howard (RISD Museum)," Joe Deal's West & West: Re-imagining the Great Plains"
- Monica McTighe (Tufts University), "Embodiment, Experience, and Photographic Images"
- Michelle Sheppard (Algonquin Regional High School), "Breaking the Bubbles and Rebuilding the Boxes: Re-Thinking Creativity After Standardization"
- Panel: "The Image, Written: Using Photography to Teach Writing" (academic practicum) - Rachel Somerstein and Lorraine Doran (New York University), Elizabeth Cornell (Fordham University), and Alden Jones (Emerson College)
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
58 Weybosset Street, Providence, RI, 401-608-3500
We have reserved a block of rooms at a special rate for conference attendees. Rooms will be $99 a night with breakfast and complimentary high-speed internet. To reserve a room call the Hampton Inn and tell them that you are attending the SPE-NE conference. Reservations must be made by October 15, 2010 to receive this special rate.
Conference Chair and Regional Chair: Bruce Myren